Pellucidar nights

I enjoy victorian and edwardian era fiction, i love the works of Edgar rice Burroughs and just wanted to have a place to pour out my thoughts on these subjects

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

A happy fellow with a lovely wife and great family. Never really grown up so made a career out of drawing cartoons. Happy to come from a hardworking background, so i know what it's like to be a grown up.

Friday, April 13, 2007



Mahar, the forgotten enemy

Well it would seem that the Mahars (bad guys of the first two ERB books) were defeated and brushed aside. Although resurected for the non ERB penned Mahars of pellucidar, i've always felt they got a bad lot.

Not because of the books, but because of Doug Mclure.
What the hell were the special effects guys thinking. they made the mahars comical and that image stayed with me for ever.

So i set out to draw the best bad guys of the underworld true to they're discription
first of they're like giant Rhamphorhynchus, so i just looked up details and then added the evil.

I hope you enjoy

3 Comments:

Blogger RadRad said...

The less I recall of that movie the better. Dude, if they ever do a ATEC film right, it could do for Rhamphorhyci what Jurassic Park did for raptors.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Kit Cox said...

I agree they would definatly add a certain menace if done right.

jurrasic park 3 with the pteradactyls prooved that

6:56 AM  
Blogger RadRad said...

"It's a birdcage."

"For what?"

Sure, those pteranodons were on steroids and given teeth but yeah they probably had the best sequence in that film. Can't wait for the 4th.

I'm sPitter of the Rats from ERBList, btw. You may have seen my "crackhead" Mahar in the forums.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home